The mission of the Inner Strength Taekwondo LLC after-school pick-up program is to provide quality care for children in a safe, nurturing, and educational environment, utilizing appropriate martial arts activities to meet individual needs.
- We believe that personal development is the most important quality in an individual.
- We believe children should treat others, and be treated, with courtesy and respect.
- We believe children should give their best effort toward their schoolwork to give them the best opportunities in life.
- We believe children need opportunities to develop physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and language skills.
- We believe children need guidelines for acceptable behavior and to know that there are consequences for unacceptable behavior. (See Discipline Policy)
- We believe children should be taught the importance of having a positive attitude. This has been proven to raise self-esteem, boost grades in school and assist them in getting along with others.
Hours of Operation
We will pick your child up from their school and bring them to our facility. Pickup is by 6pm.
Tuition and Fees
- 2023-2024 School Year Fees Example: 38 weeks of school @ $75/week = $2850
- Weekly Payments: $75/ week for 38 weeks (does not draft on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mardi Gras, or Spring Break.)
- BiWeekly Payments: $150/biweekly for 38 Weeks of school (does not draft on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mardi Gras, or Spring Break)
- Monthly Payments: $286/month (excluded weeks have already been factored in)
- The cost of the afterschool program is $75.00 per week or $286/mo, plus a registration fee of $75.00 which includes a uniform, belt, school patch, and CTF membership. Returning students will pay a discounted registration fee of $35.00 (Uniform not included for returning students) Sibling Discounts: $55/Week or $210/month
- The cost of summer camp programs is $160/week for the first child and $105 for each child after. $75.00 which includes a belt, CTF membership, and two camp tshirts. Returning students will pay a discounted registration fee of $35.00.
- Student accounts will be set up on an auto-pay program on either a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis. Credit Card & ACH are accepted. All credit cards carry a 3% processing fee.
- Once your child is enrolled in our program, you are reserving a space for your child for the entire school year. Payment for the service will be expected regardless of attendance.
- The only time that we prorate our fee (See prorated days below) is when schools have a scheduled closing. We do not prorate days that your child misses for illness or unexpected closings for inclement weather or other events. (Monthly Payments are never prorated because they are the total cost of the program divided by 10 equal monthly payments)
- Your child MUST be picked up no later than 6 PM. We understand that things come up and emergencies happen. If you are going to be late, we appreciate you calling us to let us know. If late pick-ups without notice become a habit, we reserve the right to charge a late fee of $15.00 per 15 minute block you are late.
- There will be a $25 NSF (non-sufficient funds) charge for all returned checks. The first check may be re-deposited after approval by the parent. The second NSF check will be exchanged for cash and the account will become a “Cash or Credit Only” account.
- Failure to keep your child’s account current will result in termination.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
- ALL students are required to attend class to remain in our program. We will work around other sports; however, we are not a daycare center but focus on Taekwondo training as our main reason for our afterschool program.
- Testing Fees: Our school tests students every two months. Typically, a student is ready to test on this schedule. Sometimes it takes longer for a student to test. Promotion at a reasonable rate is required. Testing fees range from $25 – $55 for colored belts.
Absences and Withdrawals
- Parents must notify ISTKD if their child did not go to their academic school or was picked up early. In the past year, this has become somewhat of an issue. This information is required for our attendance records and to keep our vehicles running on schedule. Failure to do so will result in a $5.00 no-call/no-show fee.
- If your child is to be withdrawn from our after-school pick-up program, a 30-day written notice is required and the account must be paid in full at the time of withdrawal.
- Full credit will be issued for days absent due to a death in the immediate family. A maximum of three days will be allowed.
- We do not prorate days that your child misses for illnesses or any other reason. Tuition is not based on attendance but on a “reserved” spot in the ASP.
2022-2023 DATES FOR AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM (Weekly/Biweekly Not Due)
- November 21, 2022 – November 25, 2022 (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 19, 2022 – January 5, 2023 (Winter Break) NO CAMPS PROVIDED
- February 20, 2023 – February 24, 2023 (Mardi Gras Break)
- April 17, 2023 – April 21, 2023 (Spring Break)
- We will NOT be running camps on single-day holidays and/or teacher workdays. However, we will pick up any early dismissals.
Summer break dates for 2023 are to be determined by Mobile County Public School System and will post upon release *Dates are subject to change should the Mobile County Public School System adjust the calendar for the 2022-23 school year.
We highly recommend they be enrolled in traditional evening classes while they are not attending the after-school program. The kiddos work hard during the school year, and the continuation of their practice enables them to stay on top of their game! Evening class rates are $125 per month (ask about sibling discounts).
- Children enrolled in our after-school program must have the appropriate forms submitted along with their registration fee prior to the first day of attendance.
- Re-enrollment is automatic as long as the child continues to attend our program. A yearly information packet must be updated, and a registration fee paid to hold their spot.
Release of Children
- Children MUST be signed out daily.
- Children will be released only to those individuals whose names are listed on their enrollment forms. Other persons not on the form must have written authorization signed by the parent and followed up with verbal authorization from the parent. If the school has not received verbal authorization from the parent, the child will not be released. All persons are subject to proof of identification.
Changes in Information
- ISTKD needs to be immediately notified of changes in telephone numbers, email addresses, job, family status, custody changes, doctors, and/or persons authorized to pick up your child.
Holidays & Vacations
- ISTKD closes for all national holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. We may also close on occasion for the day prior to or following a holiday. These closings will be posted in advance.
- Half days (dismissal at or after 11:30) will be an additional charge of $10.00 per child.
- There will be no charge for students who would like to attend the traditional program during school holidays.
- ISTKD will NOT hold a camp for Christmas Break. The school will be closed for all classes & camps from December 17th – to January 1st. We will resume regular classes on January 2nd & ASP on January 4th.
- If the school closes early, we will make our best effort to pick your child up at their school in a timely fashion. You must call us if you do not want us to pick up your child on these days. Please know that we may not be fully staffed on these days. There is an extra charge of $15 for these days if the students are dismissed before 11:30 and $10.00 if they are dismissed after 11:30.
Our after-school program includes a 15 – 20-minute snack break. There are several snack options for your child:
- Provide individually sealed snacks on a regular basis. Students will be provided with a clear plastic shoebox-size container with their names on it.
- Use ISTKD Provided Snacks
- Children who become ill during the day may not remain at the school. Parents will be called to pick up the child as soon as possible.
- To prevent the spread of infections, please keep your child at home when he/she has an elevated temperature, upset stomach, diarrhea, or has a contagious condition such as pink eye, chickenpox, head lice, a skin infection, or a serious cold.
- Your child will need to be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to our school.
- Please notify ISTKD if your child will be absent from school as well as report all illnesses immediately.
- Our center does not administer medication.
- Parents are welcome to come to the school during operating hours and give the needed medication to their children.
- If your child is injured at the TKD school, the only treatment that is provided is cleansing with soap and water, ice, band-aid(s), ointment, and TLC. Individual “accident and incident” reports are given to the parent to inform them of the injury.
- Any injury that requires more than the basics listed above will necessitate a call to the parent to determine if professional medical care is needed.
- A copy of your child’s insurance card is required.
- We are not a daycare, nor do we provide primary insurance.
- Respect other people’s property, personal space, privacy & feelings.
- Always use appropriate actions & words.
- Be polite to authority figures & follow their instructions.
- Approach everything you do with outstanding effort & a winning attitude.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Students are expected to work towards the completion of their homework each day. They are responsible for informing us of their homework assignments and bringing home the needed materials.
- Students are required to attend class and wear their uniforms daily. (It is the student’s responsibility to bring their uniform. After so many violations, privileges will be removed)
- Students are responsible for their own belongings. Personal items should be placed in cubbies. Socks should be put in shoes and placed in the designated area.
- Students are responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
- Food is only allowed in the designated area. Do not leave opened food or drinks unattended or in your cubby.
- Cubbies should be cleaned out at the end of every week. Parents, please make sure to remind your student.
- Cell phones & electronics sent with your child(ren) to the studio are the responsibility of your child(ren). ISTKD & Staff will not take responsibility for those items if lost, stolen, or damaged.
- No yelling at any time. Use your inside voices
- Stay seated with your seatbelt on.
- Do not turn around in your seat.
- Do not change your assigned seat.
- No food, drink, or gum inside the vehicle.
- Keep your feet off of the seat in front of you.
- Do not leave your things in the van. Remove all belongings.
- Listen to the van drivers’ instructions at all times and be respectful.
Inner Strength Taekwondo LLC uses exercise as a way to redirect wrong behavior ie squats, planks, jumping jacks, wall squats, etc. We feel we can build their bodies while disciplining their minds.
Discipline is simply the practice of training people (in this case, your children) to obey rules by using punishment to enforce said rules and perfecting moral character. Taekwondo training does not stop once the student steps off the floor. It is something that is carried through our whole program and should be carried through life. We desire to teach the next generation to be the best people they can be.
The following offenses will carry consequences.
- Excessive or loud talking, screaming (except for emergencies),
- physical touch (hitting),
- Talking back to or ignoring an instructor or teacher,
- refusing to do as asked,
- standing on or otherwise abusing equipment,
- not picking up after yourself (excessively),
- walking around while eating,
**This is not an all-inclusive list. As you know, unexpected behaviors/situations will arise and will be handled accordingly. Bolded offense carry an automatic time out/plank, whichever is age appropriate.
Consequences: (2nd Grade & Under)
- 1st offense: Warning
- 2nd offense: Warning/counseling on correcting behavior with suggestions on how
- 3rd and FINAL offense: Time out chair in minutes, equal to the age of the child. (timer will be used)
- Any offense after Repeat of 3rd consequence & Talk with Mrs. Baker.
- The parent will be notified.
Consequences: (3rd Grade & Up)
- 1st offense: Warning
- 2nd offense: Warning/counseling on correcting behavior with suggestions on how
- 3rd and FINAL offense: 5 squats or 30-second plank
- Any offense after Repeat of 3rd consequence & sees Mrs. Baker.
- The parent will be notified.
If behavior becomes excessive, a parent conference may be required.
Please know that offense numbers do not roll from day to day and that we all have bad days. Every day is a new day. We all must strive to be better today than we were yesterday.
We have an open-door policy. We encourage parents to come in daily and observe your child’s classes and get updates on your child and give input and/or suggestions on how you think we can be even better!! Remember we are a school of Constant, Never-ending Improvement.
NOTE TO PARENTS
- Please call ISTKD at 251-776-1978 at least one hour before school dismissal if your child will be absent from after-school pickup. You may send us an email, but due to the risk of error with technology, please give us a follow-up call if you do not receive an email response.
- Please remember the no call/no show policy. Your account will be charged $5.00 for each occurrence.
- Tuition fees are not pro-rated for illness or other absences.
- We will prorate fees when school is not in session due to holidays or school breaks.
- Our goal at ISTKD is to have your child complete your homework before they are picked up in the evening. Sometimes, this is not always possible due to the amount of work sent home. It is the responsibility of your child to inform us of your homework assignments and bring home any needed material. We encourage you to check websites and agendas to reaffirm that all homework is completed to your satisfaction.
- To keep traffic and study areas open, we ask that all parents wait in the front area of the school or in your car after signing your child out and making a staff member aware of your child’s pick up.
- Please be on time to pick up your child.
- Please be prompt with your payments and considerate of non-working hours.
- Please keep in mind that our school cares for a group of children.
- We encourage you to participate in ISTKD activities when at all possible.
- We ask that you share any information that will assist us in caring for your child (i.e., parent out of town for an extended period of time, changes in home life, death in the family, or death of a friend). Any of these and more can affect your child and his/her development.
- Communicate early to ISTKD with any concerns you may have.
Numbers To Remember: (Please Leave a message if no answer)
Main School Number: 251-776-1978
Text Line: 251-228-4819 (text only)
Afterschool Pickup Line: 251-308-5858